How to Navigate the Contacts Section
In this article, we will explain what kind of information you can find in the contacts section as well as how to make use of them. The contact list feature allows you to browse and export contacts created on chat, filter them and customise the list based on various properties. This feature is available on all plans, including the free, Basic one.
Pro-Tip: Take a look into our article which explains how to generate leads online for every business if you want to learn more.
In this article you will find:
- How to Customize Contacts section
- How to select and export contacts
- List of all properties – explained
Customize the results and add filters
You can select all the properties you wish to see on the list in the Customise field. In the example below, the “Last seen” property is selected to appear on the list. You can select as many properties as you need.
Filters allow you to narrow down the results so you can contact just the right customers. Let’s say you want to reach only the customers from Poland.
To do that, click the “Add filter” button, then select the Country property and type in ‘Poland’ in the ‘is’ condition. The system is now looking for contacts where “Country is Poland”.
As you can see, the list shows the filtered contacts:
You can add another filter to the existing results. Let’s say that you only want to export the users who have a ‘returning’ tag attached to them:
The results were further reduced:
Select and export contacts
Select the contacts you wish to export, then hit the Export button. You will see a window notifying you that the list is being generated.
Once you see this information, you’re ready to download the file. Simply click the link to download it.
You can also upload the CSV file to an Excel file or to a Google Sheet to further edit them.
List of all properties with a brief explanation
- ID – The ID of the conversation. It links directly to a conversation when you paste the ID to this URL format – https://www.tidio.com/panel/conversations/3ac9514test1conversation9522c, or when you click the envelope icon.
- Name – The name of the visitor from the pre-chat survey, or from the lead generation bot. It may be filled in with the email address if you only ask for a visitor’ email.
- Email – The email address collected from the lead generation bot or from the pre-chat survey.
- Last seen – This property shows the last timestamp a visitor was active
- Created at – The time of creation of this visitor, usually the first time they visit your website.
- Conversation rating – The rating a visitor left after the chat.
- Browser language – The language set in the visitor’ browser. It affects the language your widget is displayed in.
- City – The city the visitor is coming from, based on the IP address. May not be accurate depending on ISP.
- Country – The country of the visitor, based on the IP address. May not be accurate depending on ISP.
- Phone – The phone number is coming from the pre-chat survey, or the lead generation bot.
- Tags – Tags assigned manually to a visitor in the conversation or automatically using the “Add a Tag” action in Automation + Bots
- Browser – The browser from which the visitor is writing to you.
- Browser version – The version of the browser
- OS – The OS from which the visitor is writing to you, e.g. Windows.
As always, feel free to contact us at [email protected] in case of any questions or issues with the Contacts feature.