How to Hide or Disable the Chat on Your Website
There are 2 ways in which you can hide the chat:
How to hide the Chat when you are Offline
To hide the chat when you’re not available, go to Channels > Live Chat > Appearance and toggle on the appropriate option under Widget Settings.
How to disable the chat permanently
In order to set the display options simply go to the Channels section of the panel and select the Appearance tab. Then, scroll down to the Display section.
- Both on mobile and desktop devices – the chat will be displayed on every page of your website (on
desktopand mobile devices).
- Display only on desktop devices – the chat will be only visible to users who use their desktop computers.
- Display only on mobile devices – the chat will be only visible to users who use their mobile devices.
- Hide widget – completely hides the chat widget for all of your visitors.
- Advanced Rules– you can customise your chat to be displayed on certain pages (or devices) only. When you choose the Adjust option, a new window will appear:
When you choose ‘advanced rules’ – a new window will appear where you can adjust the chat display to your preferences. Here you can customise your widget to be displayed on specific pages (or devices) only. If you wish to have it completely disabled on all pages, simply turn off the switch next to Display on Desktop Devices and/or Display on Mobile Devices.
Disabling Chat Widget for the ‘exact URL address’
To have it disabled on specific pages you need to paste their full URL addresses individually into the box marked below and click “Add”. To confirm, just click on ‘X‘ in the top-right corner:
Disabling Chat Widget on pages that ‘address contains’
If you would like to disable the Chat Widget on pages with a phrase that the website address contains – you need to insert the keyword into the box marked below and click “Add”. To confirm, just click on ‘X‘ in the top-right corner:
Example: You can use the ‘Address contains’ option if you would like to hide the Chat widget on all the pages that contain ‘login’ word in your website’s links. For example, you want to hide the widget on the pages: www.tidio.con/login and www.tidio.com/support-login
Remember to save your changes in the panel by clicking on Save at the bottom of the Channels section.
If you have any questions regarding the visibility of the chat widget, simply ask via chat or contact us at [email protected].