How the conversion rate at Tidio is calculated
Providing your website visitors with instant solutions to their queries via live chat can boost your conversion rates and, in turn, increase your revenue. Studies have shown that live chat contributes to increasing the conversion rate by approximately 30%.
In this article, we will explain how we calculate the conversion rate shown in your Tidio Dashboard if you are a Shopify user.
How do we calculate the conversion rate?
The conversion rate is based on Tidio’s main tools. These are live chat, chatbots, and the Mailing tool.
The conversion will be visible if (in the last 7 days) a website visitor has made a purchase after:
- interacting with the bot;
- talking with you or your operators through the Tidio chat widget installed on your website;
- having received an email from the Mailing campaign tool sent from your Tidio panel;
- having received an email sent using the Email channel in your Tidio conversation.
For the final outcome, we take the most recent interaction from those mentioned above.
Let’s take this example:
- 2020-04-01 – you talked with the customer on chat;
- 2020-04-04 – you sent an email campaign that included that user;
- 2020-04-05 – you talked with the same customer on chat again;
- 2020-04-05 – the user has ordered an item from your store.
In the statistics, the lead will be seen as created through the widget — as the last interaction with the customer was via the Tidio chat widget.
NOTE: interactions older than 7 days (counting from the date of placing the order) are not considered Tidio conversions. We won’t take such orders into account for statistics or display them on your chart.