How to Install Tidio on Squarespace
In this guide, you will learn how to install Tidio on your Squarespace website. Follow the steps below to integrate our chat.
1. If you do not have an account yet, please go to www.tidio.com and select the ‘Try It Out‘ option in the top-right corner or the ‘Use it for free‘ option on the lower left. Enter your email, password, and your Squarespace website address.
If you already have an account, please skip to step 6 of this article.
2. Next, you will be able to choose which feature is the most important for you and which one you’d like to adjust first and foremost: Automation or Live Chat.
3. You can customise your chat by typing in your name, selecting a colour, the avatar, and the language of your chat widget. Click on ‘Continue’ to move onto the next page.
4. Another step to gather some more information about your account, you can correct your Squarespace website address here, select the country and the character of your website.
6. If you already have an account, please go to the Settings > Channels > Integrations section of your Tidio Panel, and copy the JS code from there.
7. Once you successfully finish the configuration, please go back to your Squarespace editor panel. Choose the page where the chat should be installed and click ‘Edit.’
8. In Edit mode, please click on the edit bubble (1) to add an element to your website. Choose ‘Code‘ (2) from the drop-down list to open the code editor.
9. Make sure ‘HTML‘ is selected from the list. Paste the chat code you copied from the Tidio panel into the editor box and click ‘Apply’ to save the changes.
10. Save the changes on your page to finish the installation.
Important: You will not see the widget in your editor until you open it as a visitor.
In case you run into any trouble during installation or experience any difficulty with our application, please contact us via chat on our website or at [email protected]