WhatsApp is used by more than 2.78 billion people worldwide and over 200 million businesses. And not without a reason. Once you combine the power and outreach of this popular messaging platform with chatbots, you’ve got yourself a true recipe for success.
No matter which industry you’re in, WhatsApp chatbot tools can redefine the way you engage with your audience.
But how to know which one is the best choice for your needs?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
Let’s explore the pros, cons, and pricing of the top WhatsApp platforms that will help enhance your customer service.
Here’s a comparison table of the top chatbot tools for WhatsApp that we’ll talk about in this article:
|WhatsApp chatbot tool||Rating||Free plan/trial||Best for|
|Tidio||4.7/5 ⭐️||✅||AI chatbots|
|Aivo’s AgentBot||4.5/5 ⭐️||30-day trial available||Omnichannel functionality|
|Respond.io||4.8/5 ⭐️||7-day trial available||Integration capabilities|
|BotsCrew||4.7/5 ⭐️||❌||WhatsApp and web channel support|
|Gupshup||4.4/5 ⭐️||❌||SMS and WhatsApp marketing|
|Landbot||4.7/5 ⭐️||✅||Drag-and-drop interface|
|Sinch Engage||4.5/5 ⭐️||14-day trial available||Automation|
Do you want to find out more about chatbots and how they can improve your customer service efforts? Check out these articles:
- 10 Best Customer Service Software Tools To Use
- How to Create Customer Service Chatbots [+Examples]
- Top Ecommerce Chatbots for Your Business [+Examples]
Let’s jump right in and check out the best available tools.
Top 7 WhatsApp chatbot tools
The following software can help businesses boost customer engagement, streamline communication, and truly leverage the power of automation. We’ll explore the capabilities and features of each tool, including their pros, cons, and pricing.
Let’s see what makes all these WhatsApp chatbot tools stand out.
Rating: 4.7/5 ⭐️ (1,410 reviews)
It’s always strange to talk about your own tool—which is why we’ll keep it straight to the point.
Tidio is an all-in-one customer service platform ideal for small and medium businesses. It offers a range of customer communication tools, including chatbots, live chat, and conversational AI. Of course, Tidio also comes with full-blown WhatsApp integration. It lets you seamlessly connect with your WA account and attach all your business info with ease.
Moreover, you can send automated messages via WhatsApp to potential customers and increase client satisfaction. You’ll also be able to instantly answer questions about their order status, shipping, returns, etc. Last but not least, Tidio detects existing customers based on their WhatsApp phone numbers, allowing you to offer personalized support to them.
- Lyro, a conversational AI-powered chatbot
- Seamless integration with WhatsApp Business App for messaging
- Live visitors preview to monitor and analyze the behavior of active users
- Chat triggers to create workflows and automate customer communication
- Multichannel functionality to manage all messages in one place
- Integrations with Facebook and Instagram
- Forever-free plan available
- Starter ($29/mo)
- Communicator ($25/mo/seat)
- Chatbots ($29/mo)
- Bundled solution: Communicator + Chatbots (Starting from $54/mo)
- Tidio+ (Starting from $394/mo)
Read more: Check out our knowledge base to learn how to easily integrate Tidio with WhatsApp.
Rating: 4.5/5 ⭐️ (130+ reviews)
Created by Aivo, Agentbot is an AI-powered chatbot solution designed to improve customer service and streamline communication. It also includes multichannel support and enables client interactions via WhatsApp, among other popular messaging platforms.
You can easily send proactive chat campaigns via the messaging app and offer solutions for specific customer inquiries with ease. In addition, you can also generate leads as well as implement up-selling and cross-selling techniques directly through WhatsApp, and more.
- Omnichannel support, including web chat, email, and channels like Instagram and Telegram
- Chatbot analytics that provide insights into customer interactions
- Integration capabilities with ChatGPT, various third-party tools, and CRMs
- Some users report the loss of the formatting when importing content into AgentBot
- Lack of pricing transparency
- Free 30-day trial available
- Contact sales to book a demo
Read more: Learn all you need to know about automated customer service and find out how it can benefit your business.
Rating: 4.8/5 ⭐️ (120 reviews)
Respond.io is a comprehensive AI-powered messaging platform that allows businesses to engage with customers through various messaging channels. Aside from the WhatsApp chat service, these also include the likes of WeChat, social media networks like Facebook Messenger, and other platforms.
You can use the promotional messaging feature of this WhatsApp chatbot tool to reduce abandoned carts, use up-selling and cross-selling techniques, send newsletters, and more.
- Inbox containing every message, email, and web chat in one place
- Message Preview to see exactly what users will receive before hitting send
- Comprehensive reporting and analytics available
- The flexibility of automated responses can be limited
- Some users find the customization process for chatbot response to be complex
- 7-day free trial available
- Team ($79/mo)
- Business ($249/mo)
- Enterprise -> Custom
Rating: 4.7/5 ⭐️ (10+ reviews)
BotsCrew is an AI-driven chatbot platform that supports WhatsApp integration. Their main mission is to help people grow companies through customer communication. You can build chatbots and connect them to multiple channels, like WhatsApp, FaceBook, Instagram, SMS, and more. Their AI learns from each conversation, making it easy to train your chatbots with zero coding skills required.
What’s also great about BotsCrew is the fact that you can easily integrate it with any platform of your choice, including ecommerce platforms, CRM systems, and others.
- WhatsApp integration that connects with WhatsApp Business API for messaging
- The ability to use one inbox and provide support across multiple channels
- Multilingual support of over 100 languages
- Users say they spend a lot of time building chatbots
- More chatbot templates are needed
- Contact sales for pricing
Read more: Discover what a chatbot API is and find reviews of the leading tools in this category.
Rating: 4.4/5 ⭐️ (30+ reviews)
Gupshup is a conversational AI platform that provides businesses with tools for messaging and chatbot development. Aside from WhatsApp, it also comes with the ability to automate your conversations on multiple channels, such as Instagram, Viber, SMS, and the web. Moreover, once you build your chatbots for a channel like WhatsApp, you can easily deploy it across multiple channels as well.
One of the WhatsApp-specific functionalities they offer is the option to improve lead quality and boost engagement with ads that click to the app. You can also send marketing campaigns, promote relevant products with WhatsApp product messages through commerce API, and much more.
- Chatbot builder that lets you create, train, and deploy chatbots code-free
- Integration with platforms like marketing software, payment gateways, and CRM
- The ability to offer rich and human-like responses
- Some say the reporting feature is complicated
- Interface needs improvements to become more user-friendly
- WhatsApp API self-serve pricing ($0.001 per message fee)
- Other plans → Contact sales
Read more: Find out all about AI-powered customer service and discover how it can improve interactions with clients.
Rating: 4.7/5 ⭐️ (285+ reviews)
Landbot is a chatbot and conversational AI landing page builder that can be used for lead generation and customer engagement through WhatsApp and other platforms. It comes with a dedicated WhatsApp automation functionality that lets you create marketing campaigns using the popular messaging platform directly.
There’s also a powerful bot builder you can use to run a WhatsApp strategy with no code. In addition, the tool’s opt-in widget can help you create a list of WhatsApp subscribers. With it, you can easily grow your contact list for your marketing messages, as well as brand-related alerts and notifications.
- Predefined templates for web and WhatsApp like lead generation and chat surveys
- Inbox for team members to manage any number of real-time chats and human agents
- Native integrations to connect Landbot to tools like HubSpot, Dialogflow, and Slack
- The learning curve can be steep and tricky
- Creating complex conversational flows with conditional logic can be challenging
- Sandbox (Free forever)
- Starter ($39/mo)
- Pro ($99/mo)
- WhatsApp Pro ($€200/mo)
- Business ($400/mo)
- WhatsApp Business (Starting at $400/mo)
7. Sinch Engage
Rating: 4.6/5 ⭐️ (10 reviews)
Previously known as MessengerPeople, Sinch Engage is yet another great system that leverages messaging platforms for marketing, sales, and customer service. These include WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, and Viber, among others.
Aside from handling all conversations from a single inbox, you can also use the tool to create dialog flows for your chatbots with the intuitive drag-and-drop builder. Moreover, you’ll be able to send personalized and targeted WhatsApp messages directly to users’ phones, automate simple FAQs, and more.
- Campaign manager and live agent interface
- Analytics to track and improve your KPIs
- The ability to add CRM and third-party integrations
- Lack of an “Integrated API” to implement with the team’s tools
- One user suggested that the ticket-raising system could be better
- Free 14-day trial available
- Starter ($199)
- Professional ($399)
- Business ($699)
- Enterprise -> Contact sales
Now that you’re familiar with the best tools in this category, here’s another important thing to consider—
How to choose the best WhatsApp chatbot platform?
Picking the best WhatsApp chatbot tool requires you to think about several factors to ensure it aligns with your goals. Aside from verifying whether the software provides the necessary API access for WhatsApp Business, there are a few other things to take into account.
Here’s what you should consider in order to make an informed decision.
Think of user experience
According to some statistics, as many as 32% of clients would leave a brand due to poor user experience. So, you should keep this in mind when choosing your WhatsApp-powered software, too.
Make sure that your software comes with multiple customization options so that your WhatsApp chatbot matches your brand. Also, it should contain language detection features that will help personalize responses to customers and provide them with a user-friendly experience.
Read more: Explore our case study to find out how a game server provider boosted customer satisfaction thanks to Tidio’s rich features and intuitive UX.
Review the core features and functionalities
Omnichannel customer service, live chat and chatbots, and multilingual support? These are just some of the features you should take into account when picking your ideal chatbot tool for WhatsApp.
Generally speaking, it all comes down to your specific needs as well as your business type and size. But some key functionalities each WhatsApp chatbot software should have include:
- customizable responses
- artificial intelligence (AI)
- machine learning
- natural language processing (NLP) capabilities
With these, your chatbots will be able to understand human conversation and respond to customer queries more effectively.
Of course, we can’t forget integration with the other tools—which brings us to our next point.
Make sure it comes with integration options
Ecommerce integrations are pivotal for businesses as they allow a seamless and convenient shopping experience while leaving little to no room for errors. So, you should check whether the WhatsApp bot service can integrate with your existing software, CRM systems, and other tools or channels you plan to use for marketing, sales, and customer support.
In fact, a whopping 73% of customers prefer to use multiple channels during their journey, so aside from WhatsApp, make sure your tool integrates with other popular channels, like Instagram and Facebook, to name a few.
Read more: Check out the best Facebook bots and how to create one for your own needs.
Consider data privacy and security
Also, it’s important to mention that WhatsApp chatbots often process and store sensitive customer data, including names, contact details, and sometimes payment information. So, by using a compliant and secure chatbot tool, you protect user data from unauthorized access and maintain trust with your customers.
Read more: Explore the key factors and findings that will help you learn what makes a website trustworthy.
By carefully evaluating all these factors, you’ll be able to select the best WhatsApp chatbot tool that will enhance your communication and engagement efforts.
WhatsApp chatbot tools: key takeaway
And there you have it—a list of the leading WhatsApp chatbot platforms that can be found on the web. By using the right tool, you can help provide instant responses and streamline customer support, enhancing the experience of your clients in the process.
These tools offer a range of features to cater to different business needs, from customer service chatbots to lead generation features and one inbox functionality. Just make sure to pick the one that aligns with your specific requirements, and you’ll be that much closer to achieving your business goals.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The pricing of these tools depends on the amount of features and functionalities, as well as the industries they cover. For example, the pricing of the Landbot tool can go as low as $39 a month and as high as $400 for the WhatsApp Business plan. On the other hand, there are tools like Tidio that offer WhatsApp functionality for free.
There are many benefits to using a WhatsApp-powered chatbot platform. Aside from improving the overall customer experience, these tools usually offer robust data protection and security measures. This makes the users feel valued and boosts their brand loyalty. Other benefits include improved client engagement, better accessibility, and faster response times.
WhatsApp bot tools can prove to be beneficial for a wide variety of businesses, from retail and ecommerce stores to those providing healthcare and financial services.
Some of the best tools in this category include:
2. Aivo’s AgentBot
7. Sinch Engage