Chatbots can be a great way to save time, increase the efficiency of your customer services online and boost sales.
But you already know that, since you’re looking for apps that offer Shopify chatbots!
Luckily, you can stop your search.
We’ve compiled the ultimate list of the best chatbots for Shopify and reviewed their features, highlights, and pricing, so you don’t have to.
In this article:
- What a Shopify chatbot is and why you should have one
- The ultimate list of chatbot apps
- The features you should look out for
Here’s the comparison table of apps we’ve reviewed. You can jump right into the review by clicking on the list. If you wish to learn more about chatbots themselves and the benefits of using them, scroll down.
|✨ The highlight||Free version?|
|Maisie AI||Easy-to-use chatbot templates||❌|
|Relish AI||Cross-selling and upselling templates||❌|
|Chatra||Targeted messages and triggers||✅|
If you want to learn more about chatbot technology in general, have a look at these articles:
- The Best Shopify Bots & Sneaker Bots
- How to Create a Chatbot?
- 11 Chatbot Statistics and Trends
- Top 6 Wix Chatbots & How to Add One to Your Site
What a Shopify chatbot is and why you should have one
A Shopify chatbot is a computer program that simulates and processes human conversation, embedded in a Shopify store. It can have multiple conversations at once, serving many customers instead of human agents. This is why chatbots for Shopify are very often used to automate customer support.
But that’s not even the best part—
Chatbots can also increase sales and improve user experience. As a matter of fact, customers tend to be happy with chatbot interactions. An average satisfaction rate of bot-only chats is almost 88%, which is 2% higher than satisfaction rates for chats that involve a human agent. This also explains why the usage of chatbots increased by a whopping 92% since 2019.
But which app offers the best chatbots for Shopify?
The list of the best chatbots for Shopify
You don’t have to worry about browsing the internet in search of a perfect candidate.
Let’s take a look.
Tidio is an all-in-one customer service platform, offering live chat boosted with chatbots. It has a dedicated chatbot integration with Shopify that enables you to easily track how chatbot conversations affect your sales, base your chatbot triggers on what products your customers are browsing and add product card recommendations inside chatbot messages.
4.8/5 ⭐️ with 1,300+ reviews on Shopify store
4.8/5 ⭐️ with 200+ reviews on Capterra
- 30+ pre-designed chatbot templates
- FAQ chatbots to answer questions about order status, process refunds, and other customer queries
- “Human agent not available” notifications
- AI chatbots: NLP-based chatbots that can give the right product recommendations to potential customers ✨
- Saving abandoned carts and giving discounts functionalities
- Integrations with Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Zapier
- Forever-free plan
- $39/mo (Communicator plan)
- $49/mo (Chatbots plan)
Read more about how to install Tidio on Shopify.
What differentiates Gobot from other chatbots? Shopping quizzes. This Shopify chatbot comes with pre-built quizzes to help customers choose the best products. Thanks to the usage of artificial intelligence chatbots, Gobot is able to make good product recommendations and collect customer feedback.
4.6/5 ⭐️ with 90+ reviews on Shopify store
- Zendesk, Gorgias, and Salesforce integrations
- Shopping quizzes ✨
- Customer feedback collection after checkout
- Drag and drop flow builder
- Extensive knowledge base
- Gobot offers the first 5,000 customer engagements for free.
- Premium pricing plans available on request
Re:amaze is a simple, yet flexible Shopify chatbot tool and live chat widget, designed by GoDaddy—a popular domain registrar. It offers a few chatbot templates, but also a custom chatbot builder enabling you to create chatbots that can handle many real-time conversations at once. Multibranding option is also a plus to all online stores that want their chatbot widget fully customized.
4.8/5 ⭐️ with 190+ reviews on Shopify store
4.8/5 ⭐️ with 50+ reviews on Capterra
- Multibranding options ✨
- Chatbot templates: welcome messages, order bots, FAQs
- Custom chatbot builder
- Customizable chatbot identities
- Human operator handoff
- $29/mo (Basic)
- $49/mo (Pro)
- $69/mo (Plus)
Gorgias combines Shopify chatbot functionality with a ticketing system. This makes it a perfect candidate for medium companies that need easy tracking and segmentation tools in order to provide more personalization to their customers. Moreover, intent and sentiment detection can help increase sales more effectively.
4.6/5 ⭐️ with 490+ reviews on Shopify store
4.7/5 ⭐️ with 80+ reviews on Capterra
- Intent and sentiment detection
- Easy chatbot history view
- Tracking updates
- Issues categorization ✨
- 30+ integrations
- $60/mo (Basic)
- $300/mo (Pro)
- $750/mo (Advanced)
- On demand (Custom)
5. Maisie AI
Maisie AI is a digital assistant solution built specifically for ecommerce owners. This Shopify chatbot offers ready-made templates and a custom builder. Its clear UI and sleek look will accommodate any small business owner who appreciates simplicity, but without sacrificing quality.
4.6/5 ⭐️ with 9+ reviews on Shopify store
- Easy-to-use chatbot templates ✨
- Lost sales recovery
- Returns processing
- Human handoff
- Issue routing and tracking
Pricing plans based on the number of monthly visitors:
- $9/mo per 1000 unique monthly visitors
- Custom managed plan on demand
Formilla offers live chat, chatbots, and marketing automation tools such as real-time visitor monitoring, contact management, and multichannel dashboard. This makes it a perfect Shopify chatbot solution for those, who need something more advanced than just a simple widget on their Shopify website.
5/5 ⭐️ with 40+ reviews on Shopify store
4.8/5 ⭐️ with 25+ reviews on Capterra
- Menu-based chatbots ✨
- NLP-based chatbots
- Welcome messages
- Lead classification
- Integration with Zapier, Pipedrive, Mailchimp, Zendesk
- $15/mo (Premium)
- $25/mo (Professional)
- $35/mo (Growth)
Ochatbot might look a bit more old-school compared to other candidates on the list, but don’t be fooled by its design. This chatbot for Shopify offers many templates including synced product feed, abandoned cart recovery, and order status and tracking bots, as well as NLP-based bots you can train. On top of that, it’s big on analytics, offering you customer journey insights and snapshot reports.
5/5 ⭐️ with 4+ reviews on Shopify store
5/5 ⭐️ with 7+ reviews on Capterra
- NLP-based chatbots
- Exit-intent popups and chatbot templates
- Advanced analytics ✨
- Open API
- Zapier integration for CRM and ticketing
- $69/mo (Basic)
- $109/mo (Plus)
- $495/mo (Pro)
8. Relish AI
Why look into Relish AI? It’s a shopping assistant built not only to automate customer support but also to increase sales and conversion rates. Relish provides a variety of Shopify AI chatbot templates focused on cross-selling and upselling products, product discovery assistance, Shopify abandoned cart recovery, and FAQs.
5/5 ⭐️ with 14+ reviews on Shopify store
- Newsletter signup
- Order tracking
- Cross-selling and upselling templates ✨
- Conversational campaigns
- $29/mo (Grow)
- $69/mo (Pro)
- $199/mo (Premium)
- On-demand (Custom)
Chatra is an easy-to-use Shopify chatbot app that also offers live chat. It improves customer experience by keeping your customers connected to your team 24/7, which is possible thanks to online and offline bots. Users often describe it as “pleasant to use.”
4.9/5 ⭐️ with 600+ reviews on Shopify store
4.8/5 ⭐️ with 430+ reviews on Capterra
- Online and offline bots
- Operating hours notifications
- Contact form bot
- Targeted messages and triggers ✨
- Integration with Instagram and Facebook
- Forever-free plan
- $22/mo (Essential)
- $27/mo (Pro)
HeyDay is a conversational AI platform designed for mid-market and enterprise retailers. It offers virtual shopping tools such as live chat or video consulting. On top of that, it provides NLP-based chatbots working on all the most popular platforms: chatbots for Shopify as well as for social media such as Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram chatbots.
5/5 ⭐️ with 5+ reviews on Shopify store
4.5/5 ⭐️ with 14+ reviews on Capterra
- NLP-based chatbots
- AI product search ✨
- Bot-to-human handoff
- Advanced analytics
- Automated order tracking
- $49/mo (Core)
- starting at 1k/mo (Enterprise)
How to choose the best Shopify chatbot app?
Looking at the list, you might have noticed that all chatbot platforms offer unique features and capabilities. But when you decide to add a chatbot to Shopify, you need to focus on what’s the best for your ecommerce business. Here are a few tips that can help you select the best option.
- Tip 1: Try to find the right “value for price” balance. Before you add a chatbot to Shopify, you need to understand if the solution of your choice is within the budget range. However, don’t be biased by the price factor only. If a certain chatbot solution works better during the testing, but it’s only slightly more expensive compared to other options, it’s worth considering.
- Tip 2: See if it offers both ready-made chatbot templates and NLP-based chatbots. You will probably understand how easy it is to create template-based chatbots as soon as you start working with them. Consequently, you might want to develop something more complex and more effective as your business grows. Why not have more flexibility and start with a platform that offers both options?
- Tip 3: Check for integrations that are essential for your business. What is the best chatbot for Shopify? The one that fits your technological stack. Always ask yourself about what your most common communication channels are. Do your customers write to you via SMS, Instagram, or Facebook Messenger? Do you need Slack integration? Check for these integrations beforehand.
- Tip 4: See if you can transfer chats to human agents. Even though people are getting used to the chatbot functionality, especially when it comes to online shopping assistance, 46% of consumers still think chatbots are used for stopping them from reaching a live agent. Having an option to transfer a customer to a human agent can be crucial, especially in the case of a more complex issue.
- Tip 5: Check if it offers multichannel functionality. Switching tabs between email, live chat, and chatbot apps can become frustrating, to say the least. Solutions that offer Shopify chatbots often provide a multichannel dashboard, enabling you to connect all your channels to one dashboard. This will save you time and make the process of serving your customers more efficient.
Chatbots for Shopify: summary
That’s it! By now, you should have at least a few favorites to choose from before making a final decision. If you need a quick recap, here’s the list of all apps offering chatbots for Shopify:
Just remember about the features that are absolutely key for your business. And if you have any doubts—feel free to reach out to us anytime via our live chat!
Shopify chatbot: FAQ
Shopify doesn’t provide a native solution for creating chatbots. Instead, you can easily integrate your Shopify store with a third-party chatbot development platform, like Tidio. This will enable you to easily create a Shopify chatbot.
Log in to your Shopify account and select the store where you would like to install chatbots. Go to Apps>Visit Shopify store and search for “Tidio” in the search bar. Select “Tidio live chat” from the results and click on Add app. Click on the Install App button on the page that follows. It will send you to the Tidio panel. Now, go to the Chatbots section and choose a chatbot template, or create a new chatbot from scratch.
A Shopify chatbot enables ecommerce owners to use a computer program that simulates human interaction. Thanks to this functionality, they can automate customer support and answer repetitive questions on autopilot, as well as boost sales and increase conversion rates.
Tidio has quickly emerged as one of the best chatbot apps. The platform offers a dedicated integration for Shopify, which makes it extremely easy to add live chat and chatbots to your Shopify website.