You want to add live chat customer service to your website and improve your customer interactions.
You heard of Gorgias’ great features, but it doesn’t seem to suit your needs or doesn’t match your budget.
There are plenty of options out there. But looking through them all would take you hours. And wouldn’t it be better to spend them on growing your business instead?
Of course it would be!
That’s why we did the research for you. So, check out the in-depth reviews of the top Gorgias alternatives with pros, cons, and pricing comparisons of each one.
In this article:
- Gorgias overview
- Gorgias’ competitors reviews
- How to choose the best live chat platform for your business?
If you want to find out more about live chat, check out these articles:
- What Is Live Chat? How Your Business Can Benefit From It?
- 24 Essential Live Chat Statistics You Should Know
- 16 Best Live Chat Software & Services Compared
Let’s start by introducing Gorgias—
What is Gorgias, and what can you use it for?
Gorgias is a customer service live chat and help desk software for ecommerce businesses. It seamlessly integrates with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento for easier installation. Gorgias helps online stores increase service desk efficiency. On top of that, it also offers a single panel to manage all the support, and reduce ticket first response time.
All that sounds great, so what are some of the functionalities it can add to your online store?
Gorgias has a market share of 3.7% and its top features include:
- Full customer history across different channels
- Customer details and orders next to the ticket
- Multiple stores’ support available
- Single helpdesk for email, phone, live chat, and social media conversations
- Chatbots available
- Rules for ticket tagging
- Cancellation, refund, and duplicate of orders from within the chat
So, it’s a good customer service software for ecommerce businesses to consider. However, when you’re in a different industry, it might not be the best fit for you. Also, some users complain about the lack of sales features and the need to use additional software for their sales needs.
Additionally, Gorgias is one of the live chat software tools that is on the expensive side. Its pricing plans include:
- Basic ($60/month)
- Pro ($360/month)
- Advanced ($900/month)
- Enterprise → contact sales for pricing
See this quick video about Gorgias’ features and setup:
Onto the main subject of this article—
What are the best Gorgias alternatives?
Here’s a comparison table of Gorgias competitors for a quick view:
|Name||Rating||Free plan||Best for|
|Tidio||4.7/5 ⭐️ (1,140+ ratings)||✅||Customer service for mid-sized businesses and ecommerce|
|Zendesk||4.3/5 ⭐️ (4,335+ reviews)||❌||Sales tools|
|Freshworks||4.4/5 ⭐️ (2,645+ reviews)||✅||Firefox browser|
|Zoho Desk||4.4/5 ⭐️ (3,825+ reviews)||✅||Contact management for mid-sized businesses|
|Intercom||4.4/5 ⭐️ (2,250+ reviews)||❌||Larger businesses|
|HubSpot||4.4/5 ⭐️ (1,245+ reviews)||❌||Inbound marketing|
|Help Scout||4.4/5 ⭐️ (355+ reviews)||✅||Ticketing system|
|ManyChat||4.6/5 ⭐️ (130+ reviews)||✅||Social media customer communication|
|WATI||4.6/5 ⭐️ (120+ reviews)||❌||WhatsApp customer service|
|ChatBot||4.5/5 ⭐️ (15+ reviews)||❌||Easy chatbot builder|
Let’s jump straight into it and look at in-depth reviews of the top 10 Gorgias competitors:
Rating: 4.7/5 ⭐️ (1,140+ ratings)
If you’re wondering “What are the free Gorgias alternatives?”, then Tidio is your answer.
It’s an all-in-one customer service solution that includes a live chat feature and AI chatbots for workflow automation. Tidio also offers NLP (Natural Language Processing) to help with the customer experience. And when creating your first chatbot, Tidio provides a visual-builder interface to see your bot come together.
And yes, you’re right. This is our system. So, instead of promoting ourselves in this article, we’ll encourage you to check out some of the reviews users left us. Also, take the platform for a test ride with a forever-free plan.
- 16 different triggers for AI chatbots
- Desktop and mobile apps
- Visitor’s profiles for contact details, location, visited pages, etc.
- Real-time visitor message preview in the chat window
- Canned responses available
- Customizable chat widget
- Variety of integrations, including Shopify, MailChimp, and Zapier
- Free plan available
- Communicator ($19/operator/month)
- Chatbots ($49/operator/month)
Read more: Learn how to install Tidio on your Shopify website and start using it in less than 5 minutes.
Rating: 4.3/5 ⭐️ (4,335+ reviews)
Zendesk offers a software solution for customer support, sales, and overall customer engagement. It’s a SaaS platform that provides pre-chat surveys, canned responses, and team members’ collaboration for more efficient results. This Gorgias competitor also has AI chatbots, so you can offer 24/7 support on all channels.
- Self-service including knowledge base, chatbots, and FAQs
- Comprehensive reporting for customers and agents
- Chat routing and queue management available
- Some reviewers state there are technical issues with data migration
- Relatively slow customer support team
- Suite Team ($49/agent/month)
- Suite Growth ($79/agent/month)
- Suite Professional ($99/agent/month)
Read more: Discover the best Zendesk alternatives out there and compare them in detailed reviews.
Rating: 4.4/5 ⭐️ (2,645+ reviews)
This is one of the Gorgias alternatives that works perfectly on Firefox. You can use it to improve customer relationships and increase conversions from your ecommerce. This is a cloud-based customer service software, which makes it easier for your team to customize the system. It provides custom ticket views and marketing tools to better organize your customer communication and increase conversions.
- Advanced analytics and forecasting
- Ticket assignment and merging
- Customizable and intuitive interface
- Limited integration with third-party software providers
- Some reviewers had data synchronization issues
- Free version available
- Growth ($18/agent/month)
- Pro ($59/agent/month)
- Enterprise ($95/agent/month)
Did you know that…
Customers use live chat primarily because of no wait times (34%) and convenience (26.9%). And over 41% of shoppers expect websites to offer a live chat support. This number is even higher when it comes to mobile (Android and iOS) and reaches 62%.
4. Zoho Desk
Ratings: 4.4/5 ⭐️ (3,825+ reviews)
Zoho Desk is a CRM software with ticketing system functionality that simplifies support ticket management for your customer service team. It provides canned responses, auto-tagging, and sales automation to streamline some of the customer interactions. This is one of the Gorgias alternatives that is best suited for mid-sized companies. It can help them improve contact, and project management, as well as multichannel customer communication.
- Time tracker available for ticket routing and management
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) for call centers
- Variety of integrations, including Jira, Google, Salesforce, and Slack
- Some reviewers state there are user interface failures
- Slow customer support
- Free version available
- Standard ($20/agent/month)
- Professional ($35/agent/month)
- Enterprise ($50/agent/month)
Rating: 4.4/5 ⭐️ (2,250+ reviews)
Intercom lets you add rules to your funnel which contributes to workflow automation. It’s best suited for larger businesses that want to build customer relationships through instant messaging. This Gorgias competitor offers in-chat surveys to collect customer feedback from your shoppers and improve user experience from your site. You can also track customer interactions to improve the quality of your support and increase customer satisfaction.
- Collision detection for customer support requests
- Workflow monitoring and reporting dashboards
- Multilingual chatbots available
- Steep learning curve
- Some of the dashboards are difficult to use
- Contact sales for demo and pricing
Read more: Check out the best Intercom alternatives and competitors on the market.
Rating: 4.4/5 ⭐️ (1,245+ reviews)
This is one of the Gorgias competitors that offers extensive sales tools and inbound marketing to help you increase conversions on your website. It offers a website builder, marketing automation, and customer management for your business to attract and convert more visitors. You can also create email marketing campaigns and identify the best subject lines, content, and call-to-action buttons to make your marketing efforts more effective.
- Easy tracking of website visitors
- Email marketing campaign builder
- Ticket routing and automation
- Reviewers report limited customer support for users on the free plan
- Tricky to set up your own knowledge base
- Free plan available
- Starter ($45/mo)
- Professional ($450/mo)
- Enterprise ($1,200/mo)
Did you know that…
7. Help Scout
Rating: 4.4/5 ⭐️ (355+ reviews)
Help Scout offers a help desk solution with a shared mailbox for your customer support and management of queries. It also provides automated workflows to improve the efficiency of your customer service representatives and streamline some of the processes. You can use a ticketing system to keep all of your customer communications organized. This Gorgias alternative offers a variety of integrations, including MailChimp, Salesforce, and Slack.
- Shared inbox for your team
- Robust API
- Customer management system
- Email merging can be a little confusing
- Some reviewers state that the email spam filters need improvements
- Standard ($25/user/month)
- Plus ($40/user/month)
- Company ($60/user/month)
Rating: 4.6/5 ⭐️ (130+ reviews)
This Gorgias competitor is a chat marketing platform that lets you set up your automated messaging via Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Instagram, email, and SMS. It works best for small businesses and those that are based primarily on Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp, instead of a website. On top of that, ManyChat is very simple to use, so you can set your Instagram bots up in minutes with ready-made templates.
- PayPal/Stripe payments on the chatbot
- Audience segmentation available
- Customer onboarding content including tutorials
- Only basic analytics and reports available
- Facebook-based, so the system is dependent on Meta for some of its workings
- Free version available
- Pro ($15/month)
Rating: 4.6/5 ⭐️ (120+ reviews)
This Gorgias competitor is best for B2C companies that primarily use WhatsApp to connect with their customers. This is because WATI is an official business partner of WhatsApp and ensures a seamless integration for the users. You can monitor performance and data-driven insights to help you improve customer experience and make better business decisions in the future. It also provides templates and lets you set the availability hours of your human agents, so the clients know when they can contact your representatives.
- Integrations with Zapier, Shopify, and Google Sheets
- Links with the official WhatsApp Business API (official integration with WhatsApp)
- Performance monitoring available
- Reviewers report that the builder feature is not intuitive and needs improvements
- No social media integration
- Standard ($49/month)
- Professional ($98/month)
Did you know that…
Ratings: 4.5/5 ⭐️ (15+ reviews)
ChatBot, just as the name suggests, focuses on providing chatbots for customer service. It can help you automate tasks and generate more leads for your business with the use of natural language and AI chatbots. You can customize your bots with a drag-and-drop chatbot builder with images, buttons, and quick replies. This Gorgias alternative lets you deploy the bots on your website and third-party platforms, then track their results across different channels.
- Large number of chatbot templates
- Variety of integrations, including Facebook Messenger, WordPress, and Slack
- AI algorithms and natural language processing available
- Only chatbots provided (no live chat included)
- Limited configuration of the bot display
- Starter ($50/mo)
- Team ($149/mo)
- Business ($499/mo)
- Enterprise → contact sales for pricing
How to choose the best Gorgias alternative?
As you can see, there are a number of options when it comes to Gorgias alternatives. It can become overwhelming to look at all the different customer service platforms and not know where to properly start. So, take a step back and start by looking at your business needs and calculating the budget for this software. Only then you’ll be able to pick the best option for your company.
Here’s how to select the best Gorgias competitor for your business:
- Check the provided features
When you know your company’s needs, it’s much easier to identify which live chat platform meets them. For some businesses, a good ticketing system is the most important part of their live chat feature, for other companies, it’s the customization.
So, go through the features and functionality of the platform you’re considering to see if they match your requirements.
- Compare the prices
Sometimes you can get a similar customer support software for half the price of the one you’re looking at. That’s why it’s good to compare prices and see if you need all the bells and whistles that will increase your costs by tens of dollars every month. If you don’t, then you might as well save some money and go with the cheaper option that still provides all the features that will satisfy your business needs.
Also, remember to always see if the solution you’re checking is in your budget, while also considering the return on investment you expect from implementing it.
- See if there’s good customer support
No matter how tech-savvy you are, you will probably come across some trouble when setting up and using the software for the first time. And to get the most out of it, you’ll need to learn well. A helping hand definitely be useful.
Therefore, it’s important to check if there’s quick and knowledgeable customer support provided with the platform. It’s also good to see if the system has user onboarding resources to introduce you to its workings.
That’s all for this article. You can always go back to the list whenever you’re in doubt about which solution will be good for your company. We recommend going through the reviews and picking the top three platforms. Then you can go onto their website and look through the user ratings to check the offers in-depth.
As a quick recap, here are the top Gorgias competitors worth looking at:
- Help Scout
- Zoho Desk
Remember to set your budget and identify your business needs before going on a hunt for your customer service software. This will help you identify the right platforms that match your budget and provide features you require.