What is your favorite thing about running a store using WooCommerce? Free plugins? Good store themes? Easy configuration?
All of the above are part of the same goal—creating a professional store with minimal effort.
And now you can also add a WooCommerce chatbot that will run your store and handle your customers for you.
But which solution is the best?
We checked all ratings, rankings, and reviews to find the best chatbot app for WooCommerce.
The best WooCommerce Chatbots are:
- Tidio WooCommerce Chatbot
- WoowBot (by QuantumCloud)
- Collect.chat Chatbot
- Drift Chatbot
- ChatBot for WooCommerce
- Woo Bot (by WP1)
- IBM Watson Assistant
- Xatkit Chatbot
If you want to explore more options, you can also read:
Here’s a quick overview of all WooCommerce chatbots:
|Rank||Provider||Pros 👍||Cons 😕|
|1||Tidio||Almost 30 chatbot templates||The majority of features are ecommerce-oriented|
|2||WoowBot||Good product search engine||You have to buy it for at least a year|
|3||Collect.chat||SMS features||Only 50 free responses|
|4||Drift||Advanced bot editor||Costly pricing plans|
|5||ChatBot||Smooth integration with LiveChat||No free plan is available|
|6||Woo Bot||Intagrates with WooCommerce inventory||No tools for building custom conversation flows|
|7||IBM Watson Assistant||Advanced AI and cloud-computing||It is a third-party plugin—not officially endorsed by IBM|
|8||Xatkit||Nice FAQ features||Limited customization options|
|9||ConversioBot||One time fee||Doesn’t have many users|
|10||WooSmartBot||It is free||The project is still in the early stages of development|
WooCommerce chatbots developed by different companies offer unique functionalities. Let’s examine each solution one by one.
It’s worth getting acquainted with all of them to decide which set of features would be most suitable for your online store.
Rating: ⭐ 4.8 out of 5 stars (313 reviews)
With over 100,000+ active installations, Tidio is the most popular no-code chatbot solution for WooCommerce and WordPress stores. It has its own live chat widget that you can add to your website and advanced chatbot design features.
- One-click installation for WordPress and WooCommerce stores
- Out-of-the-box solution with no additional configuration and bot training needed
- Ecommerce chatbot templates for common customer service scenarios
- Artificial intelligence and NLP message recognition engine
- Designing custom conversation flows with a visual bot editor
- Discount, lead generation, and abandoned cart workflows
- Integrated CRM features and customer database management
- Omnichannel chatbots for your website, Instagram, and Messenger
- Messenger bot for Woocommerce without coding or using Dialogflow
- Helpful customer support, many online resources, and tutorials
Tidio is one of the best chatbot options for WooCommerce and you can use it to make chatbots from scratch in a matter of minutes.
- Free. Unlimited conversations but chatbots can reach 100 unique customers per month.
- Paid. 2000+ chatbot responses and additional premium features starting at $49 per month.
You can integrate chatbots and your WooCommerce website. All you have to do is find and install a dedicated WordPress plugin from Tidio. The installation process is the same as installing any other WP plugin.
If you need more information you can also read the full instruction in the knowledge base.
Read more: How to Install Tidio on WooCommerce Websites
WooCommerce chatbots powered by Tidio are not the only way to increase your sales and improve customer satisfaction. If you are looking for more apps that are useful for ecommerce, check out our selection of the best WooCommerce plugins.
Rating: ⭐ 4.8 out of 5 stars (16 reviews)
This WooCommerce chatbot solution is much less popular. Only 800+ users look pretty suspicious. But there is no need to worry. In fact, WoowBot is the good old WPbot and their combined numbers of installations are much higher. WoowBot just comes in a new “packaging” geared towards WooCommerce users. And there is nothing wrong with good packaging design.
- Conversational product search engine
- Abandoned cart recovery and exit intent triggers
- Integrated with Google’s natural language processing services (NLP)
- Popups for informing about special offers and featured products
- Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp integration available
- Customizable chat icon and CSS
WoowBot is a great choice for ecommerce stores that want to automate their customer support. It’s worth noticing that about 40% of businesses that use bots employ less than 10 people (in the whole company). Solutions such as WoowBot are designed to take over some of your repetitive tasks and questions about products. This allows your understaffed business to use the saved time for solving more complex issues.
- Free. One chatbot template.
- Paid. A yearly WoowBot Pro license starts from $33.
Did you know?
Almost 41% of all online stores in 2021 were powered by WooCommerce. You can see how this platform compares to other ecommerce solutions in our guides: WooCommerce vs Magento and WooCommerce vs Shopify.
Rating: ⭐ 4.4 out of 5 stars (28 reviews)
Just as the name suggests, Collect.chat offers plenty of features related to lead generation. If you want to collect your customers’ contact details and phone numbers through a chat window—rather than a popup—it is a viable option. This WooCommerce chatbot also offers many conversation templates for getting more insights about user experiences and collecting customer feedback.
- Lead generation templates and custom surveys for collecting feedback
- Appointment booking through chatbot conversations
- Real-time notifications through email and other channels
- Integration with Google Sheets, Hubspot, FreshDesk, and other CRM tools
- SMS verification for collected phone numbers
Collect.chat is a popular live chat and chatbot solution, not only for WooCommerce stores. For instance, while it doesn’t make the cut as one of the best Shopify live chat apps, it does offer a Shopify integration.
- Free. Limited to 50 chatbot responses.
- Paid. Different tiers with premium features and more automatic responses starting from $24/mo. Unlimited chatbot responses for $299 per month.
The importance of customer feedback
Getting insights from your visitors, users, and customers is essential for improving your products and processes. Collecting feedback with Tidio is easy and you can learn more about it from examples of chatbot use cases.
Rating: ⭐ 4.1 out of 5 stars (10 reviews)
This is another chatbot for WooCommerce that may get some people raising their eyebrows. This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. And there aren’t too many positive reviews. Sounds shady, right? To be fair, Drift is a very advanced tool and their WordPress plugin page probably does not receive enough love and attention. However, it is among the best free live chat software in general, and not just for stores powered by WordPress.
- Slack integration with real-time notifications
- Virtual Selling Assistants that use patented AI
- Lead-qualification tools and booking meetings with customers
- A/B testing and marketing conversion tracking
Drift describe themselves as a marketing and sales acceleration platform. Their software offers much more than just chatbots but the price tag is also slightly more prohibitive.
- Free. No custom chatbots—only live chat.
- Paid. Prices are determined individually after reaching out to representatives. To create custom bots you can expect to pay a triple-digit sum each month.
Rating: ⭐ 4.6 out of 5 stars (15 reviews)
ChatBot is one of the LiveChat modules. It is sold separately and offers many advanced features. Just like in Drift, these tools create a complex ecosystem that automates all of your marketing activities.
- Visual chatbot flowchart builder
- Artificial intelligence and NLP engine
- API, webhooks, and Zapier integrations
- Seamless integrations with Messenger and Slack
- Rich messages including buttons and media
- Widget customization options
WooCommerce ChatBot is not an all-in-one app. It is a professional solution for experts. We recommend it to medium and large stores that know exactly what they want and are willing to pay for it.
- No freemium plan. But you can test this solution for 14 days without the need to unsubscribe.
- Paid. The Starter plan with 1 active chatbot, 1000 chatbot responses, and limited AI training options history costs $50 per month.
6. Woo Bot
Extension Requirements: Minimum PHP version: 5.6
This WooCommerce chatbot is slightly different from the others. It is a native WooCommerce extension developed by WP1, while the other solutions in this article are WordPress plugins. Woo Bot offers good integration with WooCommerce product inventory, so it is quite useful for product searches. However, there aren’t too many additional features.
- Product search options via the chat window
- Automatic responses available in your WooCommerce back-end panel
- Chat icon and popup behavior configuration
If you need a very simple bot for WooCommerce, this solution may work for you just fine.
- Free. Not available.
- Paid. $29 per year.
Rating: ⭐ 4.6 out of 5 stars (24 reviews)
This WooCommerce chatbot combines two technologies: IBM’s cloud-based conversational AI and a pre-configured chatbot in the form of a simple chat widget. In other words, you get state-of-the-art technology offered in an easy-to-use format.
- VoIP is available through a simple Twilio integration
- Customizable chat window and chat icon
- Resources on building your AI bot
To use this solution you need to create a separate IBM Cloud account and connect it with the widget. IBM Cloud services are free but there are some limits. You may want to upgrade to a higher tier if you want to process many queries from customers.
- Free. 10,000 API calls (such as messages) per month.
- Paid. The Plus plan will cost you about $140 per 1,000 active users per month.
The global conversation AI market is expected to grow to almost $20 billion by 2026. There are many ways of using artificial intelligence and machine learning in chatbots. You can find out more about them in our guide about the best AI chatbots.
Rating: ⭐ 5 out of 5 stars (2 reviews)
Xatkit is a nice and simple add-on for creating interactive FAQs for online shoppers. And answering questions through a bot gives your users a much better customer experience than contacting a traditional customer support team (or scrolling through pages of a lengthy FAQ). You can also expand its functionality to connect the bot logic with your inventory.
- Custom bot icon and position
- Order status and cart saver
- Featured products and product search
This WooCommerce chatbot is quite similar to WoowBot and you can use it as a good alternative, especially if you are interested in features related to searching products.
- Free. No freemium version but there is a free trial available for a month.
- Paid. Q&A plan for building basic FAQs starts from $19/month.
Rating: ⭐ N/A
This WooCommerce chatbot is not available in the official WordPress plugin repository. However, it is still easy to install and add to any page on your website. This solution is more rudimentary than the majority of platforms or plugins described above. But it is quite popular nonetheless.
- Add to cart and exit intent discounts
- Integrates with Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel
- Multipage option with a single license
- No monthly payments
If you are not interested in subscription-based solutions, ConversioBot can be a nice training ground. Paying for something one time sounds nice, doesn’t it? On the other hand, there are many free chat widgets that offer bot-related features.
- Free. Not available.
- Paid. One-time $38 fee to use it without limits.
Bots can increase customer engagement among online shoppers and save abandoned carts. But increasing your conversion rates is just part of making your business thrive. Check out what are some of the essential customer success metrics.
Developer: Jawad Ilyas
Rating: ⭐ N/A
WooSmartBot offers just the bare essentials and is meant to be used as an alternative to your store’s search engine. Digital shoppers and users find bots more engaging because of the novelty effect of this technology. This WooCommerce chatbot talks with shoppers and sends them links to product pages that match their queries. It doesn’t get much simpler than that.
- Custom bot behavior for selected pages
- Unlimited conversations
- Editable welcome messages
- One template
- Product search
- Free. It is a new project without any premium features and too many users. But you can probably get in touch with its developers to give them some feedback.
Chatbots are not the only apps used by online stores. If you are interested in other useful tools for increasing sales, here are some more WooCommerce plugins compared.
A good WooCommerce chatbot should be easy to install and offer features related to searching products and customer support. A perfect bot would send relevant messages, product recommendations, and understand your shoppers’ questions.
The most popular and useful chatbot WooCommerce plugins are:
- Woo Bot (by WP1)
- IBM Watson Assistant
If you want to install the best-rated and most popular option right away, just click below.