Decided to start your very own email newsletter and looking for nice templates?
Great, your search ends here.
Want to send beautiful newsletters, email marketing campaigns, and abandoned cart emails? Try our free email marketing software to design your emails, segment your contacts, and track email analytics.Design & Send Emails Now
One of our users, Kate, had this to say:
I’m not a technical person but I could use my contacts and send a bulk email campaign in no time.
- Choose free email newsletter templates to suit different business needs.
- Customize each template to fit the style of your brand.
- Create your own newsletter templates and designs in an easy-to-use visual builder.
- Send out an email campaign in minutes!
Try them out now if you need great templates asap or read on for more newsletter ideas, newsletter examples, and professional design tips.
By the time you’re done with this post, you’ll know how to create a good-looking and engaging newsletter. This process is neither technical nor time-consuming. You will be able to quickly set up an email newsletter for your business without previous experience.
- Best Email Newsletter Templates That You Can Try for Free
- Best Real-Life Newsletter Examples
- How to Make Great Email Newsletters
- How to Customize Email Newsletter Templates
What Is the Best Newsletter Template?
Newsletter email templates are pre-formatted to suit different purposes and businesses.
In Tidio Mailing, for example, there are four free email newsletter templates designed for common business goals.
- Email Newsletter Template #1: “Tech Startup News”
- Email Newsletter Template #2: “Now Trending”
- Email Newsletter Template #3: “Newsletter Light”
- Email Newsletter Template #4: “Newsletter Dark”
Each is customizable and has a unique layout, colors, and other design elements.
You don’t need any additional email marketing tools to edit or send out the templates. All of them meet the most important requirements for the best newsletters:
- optimization for a comfortable mobile viewing experience
- a clean, simple design that minimizes distractions
- completely customizable content layouts for various email purposes
- versatility to use for various business goals.
Different formatting and design make these newsletter email templates suitable for many business purposes.
Would you like some help with using them for your newsletter? Read on, we’ll take a closer look at each template next.
Email Newsletter Template #1: “Tech Startup News”
With this enewsletter sample template, you can update your subscribers on what’s happening in your company, industry, or niche.
It’s perfect for both B2C and B2B businesses and designed to present content in a simple way using three elements:
- a thumbnail image
- a concise textual preview
- a CTA button for direct content access
But news isn’t the only use case for this one. You can also utilize it to share the best articles from your blog. The clean design and business nature also make it perfect for bi-weekly or monthly industry email newsletter, eCommerce newsletter, or product newsletter.Use this email template
Of course, all formatting work is done in this template. You just need to include your company’s logo and change colors. Do it once and save the template so your content stays consistent.
The only thing left to complete the newsletter at that point is adding content.
Email Newsletter Template #2: “Now Trending”
This pre-made template brings the readers into the email with a question. This is a technique to put them in the right state of mind before they proceed to the rest of the content.
“Now Trending” newsletter template comes with a single content section and a very clean overall design. This makes it perfect to focus the attention of subscribers on a specific piece of content (an offer, an update, a product, a blog article, etc.)
The template is also perfect for:
- educating customers about your product, service, new features, etc.
- sharing blog content and announcements
- informing customers of new promotions, sales, and contests
- updating employees and shareholders on company events
One more great use case of “Now Trending” for a B2B organization is sharing expertise.
In many cases with B2B businesses, the best company newsletters are those that give them helpful tips and insights. So, if you need to share blog content with your potential customers, this one is just right.
Email Newsletter Template #3: “Newsletter Light”
As the name suggests, this example of newsletter uses the light color theme.
The amount of white space in this template is perfect to display multiple content sections and keep the text easily readable. The combination of white and blue colors and images makes for a simple yet good-looking color scheme.
“Newsletter Light” comes with an example of a message announcing a major business event. It has three sections where you can share different pieces of content.
In each section, the template gives an idea of what to share. All of them come with CTA buttons.Use this email template
This newsletter template is perfect for B2B and B2C companies and solo entrepreneurs that share information about events like webinars, conferences, and workshops. It’s also suitable for blog newsletters, customer onboarding emails, and company news.
Email Newsletter Template #4: “Newsletter Dark”
Not a fan of the light theme? Or maybe your branding color scheme has darker options?
No problem, go for the dark-colored template. This one is also versatile. Thanks to multiple content sections, you can use it to share blog posts, marketing email campaigns, industry updates, company updates, or product announcements.
Compared to “Newsletter Light,” “Newsletter Dark” has one more content section and a large header image at the top. Each section comes with a textual preview to give readers just enough information to arouse curiosity.Use this email template
The black color of the background complements the colors of each visual, giving the overall design a modern and cool look. Added with the dark background, the white, vibrant email copy can add a sense of intensity to the campaign.
Keep in mind that all four templates are completely customizable. You can change any design element or add new ones to ensure that they are in line with your branding guidelines.
How Do You Create an Engaging Email Newsletter?
To create a newsletter that will engage recipients, you need to consider a few important things:
- An interesting main idea. It depends on the purpose of email newsletters and could be a news roundup, an event, a resource, a reminder, weekly company highlights, etc.
- A catchy subject line. A subject line that clearly conveys the purpose of the newsletter or the benefit to the recipient (check some great subject line ideas here)
- A reader-focused, simple copy. A concise, benefit-driven copy with headers to break up large blocks of text
- An appealing design. Best email newsletters are clean, cohesive, and responsive to ensure a good viewing experience on mobile
Besides the creative newsletter part, you also should take care of some simple technical aspects.
For one, you’ll need to decide if you’d like to send out your email newsletter automatically. Also, you might consider taking advantage of HTML code in emails for better email design customization. There’s a question of using email newsletter templates or creating them from scratch, too.
Don’t want to do these technical things yourself? You don’t have to.
Try using an email app that has customizable newsletter email templates. You can use it to build your newsletter easily and fast.
Email Newsletter Template Customization 👇
You can replace images as well!
How Do I Create a Newsletter Template?
The easiest and fastest way to create a newsletter template is to customize an existing template in email marketing software.
Here’s how you do it:
- Create a new campaign. A newsletter is an ongoing email campaign, and email marketing tool helps with storing and managing all messages in one place.
- Customize email elements. Write the content and add elements like headings and CTA button text.
- Rearrange the design. Newsletter email templates’ designs are customizable, so you can use your company’s colors, logo, and other features.
- Save as a draft. Save your work to reuse it in future newsletters.
Thanks to email newsletter templates, you can have a brand-new newsletter much quicker and easier than you think.
Email marketing software is straightforward, even for complete beginners. So, if you have the content ready, completing the four steps won’t take much time.
One more great news is that you’ll be able to reuse the template you created as many times as you want.
Still haven’t decided on the platform? Check the best email services for creating newsletters in our comparison: 10 Best Email Marketing Software & Services
Good Email Newsletter Design
The content you’re presenting in the email newsletter is vital, but it’s equally important to show it in a way that’s easy to navigate. Even great content can go largely unnoticed if it’s an unorganized mess that lacks a coherent and clear structure.
The reason is that the average user receives too many emails every day. More messages mean shorter attention span, so you need to present your message in the easiest way possible.
Here are the tips for the best email newsletter designs:
- Keep paragraphs short. Write concise paragraphs with one idea per each. It’s the best way to prevent overwhelming people with text and keep the design uncluttered.
- Always add CTA buttons. They stand out from the rest of the newsletter content, so they can encourage clicking more effectively.
- Separate content with headings and subheadings. They provide a solid visual structure to content. This helps with framing the appearance and feel of the entire message.
- Use simple fonts. Fonts like Arial, Georgia, Verdana, and Tahoma ensure the maximum readability. But if your brand uses a certain font for branding, keep it consistent.
- Include high-quality images. They make it easier to connect with the newsletter content. Also, they attract and keep the attention of recipients focused on a specific area.
Best Email Newsletter Examples
Right now, let’s see some examples of the best email newsletter designs. If you’d like to improve your existing newsletter or looking for ideas for a new one, these should be very inspiring.
Newsletter Example #1: Company/Product Update
This example comes from Think with Google. It’s a newsletter that informs the subscribers about what’s going on inside the company and why they might want to know about it.
This example is good for company/product updates because it uses:
- a clean design that makes it easy to read the text
- plenty of white space that removes potential distractions and helps to focus on the content
- a header that introduces the reader to the email, followed by a question to engage readers (just like in the “Now Trending” template, remember?)
- multiple content sections to separate the intro and the expert quote
- a contrasting CTA button that attracts readers’ eyes
- an additional blog content link to encourage more reading
Newsletter Example #2: Industry News
Yes Marketing sends this newsletter once a month to update its subscribers on industry news. This template of a newsletter features a nice header image, multiple blog entries with short descriptions, and CTA buttons.
The example is perfect for its purpose because it features:
- a header image with adjusted opacity to make it match the rest of the design
- a heading that describes the goal of the email
- CTAs for each content section with action-oriented copy (“Refresh your approach,” “Find inspiration”)
- multiple links for each content piece: the link in the description + the CTA
- small sections for content description to give the reader just enough information to convince them to go read it
Newsletter Example #3: Event Newsletter
In this event newsletter, Marketo shares the news about an upcoming event, Adobe Summit.
The email shows how a clearly defined CTA button is important to encourage people to get more information about the event.
Also, this type of email newsletter design is a great fit for event newsletters because:
- It allows you to use a header image. Here, Marketo took advantage of that by including the photo of the main stage from the previous event.
- The overview of the event is at the top. This way, one can encourage participation by giving the benefits of attending right away.
- It lists more benefits concisely at the bottom. The graphics below the CTA button provide a brief overview of more benefits for attendees as stages
- The clean design eliminates distractions. It draws attention while making it crystal clear what the goal of the message is.
All these email newsletter templates examples and tips are here to inspire you to build a good-looking and engaging newsletter for your business.
The quickest way to create one is to use a free email marketing tool with a built-in design tool and some good-looking email newsletter templates. By doing so, you’ll be able to customize every element in a template and quickly design emails, even without experience.
Interested in giving it a try?
See the free newsletter templates now 👇Try Tidio Mailing For Free